Our sharpening service and exchange program is designed for commercial kitchens, restaurants, supermarkets, and other foodservice operations.
Our experts will assist you in creating a cutlery service package to meet the needs of your kitchen.
While one package of knives are in use at your location, a second package of knives is at our facility being sharpened.
1.) A program and schedule is set up.
2.) Dull knives are packed up.
3.) Sharp knives are left in their place.
It's that easy!
- Much safer and cleaner than knife and blade sharpening in-house - Minimize sharpening risks to your employees - Prevent food-borne illness that can arise from unsanitary kitchen cutting edges. - Aids blade edge cleanliness and reduces the risk of inspector violations.
- Sharp edges maintain food quality and appearance while minimizing waste. - A cost effective and beneficial service to your staff. A sharpening program is inexpensive! - Standardized sharpening procedures take the guess work out for you and your staff.
- A guarantee backed by our decades of foodservice experience.
We understand the importance of making a budget and doing everything possible to stay within that budget. We also understand how busy you are. From the moment you go to work, you’re inundated with demands for your time. Phone calls, emails, people that need to see you, inventory, ordering, problem solving and you haven’t even begun preparing your kitchen for another busy day. The last thing you want to do is add another chore to your plate.
If you’re considering a knife sharpening service (or thinking about cancelling our knife service to save some money), here are some things to consider first:
Cost of: - Knife sharpening machine or equipment and maintenance
- Inconsistency using an electric knife sharpener
- New knife inventory: (purchases are on-going due to damaged, lost and worn knives)
- Paying an employee to sharpen the knives – daily or weekly
- Additional safety risks of working with blade edges
- Employee’s time to sharpen removes them from their function.
- Provides your kitchen with a custom knife rental and sharpening program
- Delivers knives sharpened by a skilled professional using state of the art equipment
- Proactive replacement of worn knives
- Replacement of broken and lost knives
- Sharpening your knives onsite adds an unnecessary risk of injury liability. Just one medical claim could eliminate any savings.
But not when it means adding another chore to your never ending list of things that must be done. Our low delivery minimum of $25 is easily met. Let Grindstone Sharpen & Supply Ltd. Co. do what we do best, and make your life easier!